Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

It's Been Four Years

On September 18th we celebrated Andrew's 4th Birthday!  It's hard to believe it's been four years already.  I never imagined the road we would travel when I held Andrew in my arms.  Would I trade Andrew for a typically developing child?....Definitely NOT!!  He's my precious son and I wouldn't trade him for anything!(Just like any other mother)  Would I trade our circumstances....probably so...however, not if it meant another child or family had to take on our situation in our place.  Andrew has a personality just like all children and I wouldn't take anything for it.  Just remember, his disabilities don't define his personality.  At the age of 4, he has already been put under anesthesia more than most adults.  He's under the care of six doctors and I've lost count of the number of tests that have been performed.  Despite the tests, doctors, therapists, and medications, Andrew is a happy, fun-loving little boy.  Sometimes it's amazing to see how resilient children are. 

Andrew celebrated his birthday with lots of Thomas.  He had a Thomas cake and received several Thomas items that he has really enjoyed.  Thomas is one of his all time favorite characters.  He was even trying to run the train across the track on the cake.  We celebrated with friends and family.  Andrew had a wonderful 4th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment